You are a Senior Manager working at the Head Office of UK based retailer, New Look. The company is facing fierce competition from companies such as Boohoo, who source from a larger number of local UK factories, and are able to design, produce and distribute on-trend garments to their customers in as little as 1-4 weeks. New Look is more reliant on global factories and as a result their lead times are longer.
Your manager is considering whether New Look should reduce its reliance on factories based in China. You have been asked to research and propose countries to source their ‘Trend’ range from (not core basic products), to enable the company to compete with companies such as Boohoo.
Note you can recommend countries that the company already sources from and therefore suggest that sourcing is increased from these locations.
Report Content ：
With reference to the scenario, your report should evaluate these key questions:
– What are the risks of currently sourcing their ‘Trend’ range from China
– What alternative countries could be used and why? (Propose two countries，One of the best is Turkey）
– What are the challenges of the proposed countries/ what compromises may need to be made?
– Make a final recommendation to your manager regarding whether you think sourcing should be reduced from China.
1. expected to provide a minimum of 10 references .
2. The content should ideally include important points such as reshoring and near shoring, fast fashion and ultra fast fashion, etc. Please check the weekly class materials carefully mainly.(week5,6)
3. Please see the file name “Fashion Management Course Assignment Brief” for specific requirements and article formatting requirements, as well as the weekly reading list provided by the instructor, which is included in the weekly seminar lesson and in the above document.The format of the article is REPORT .
4. Write this report in the first person
Your manager is considering whether New Look should reduce its reliance on factories based in China. You have been asked to research and propose countries to source their ‘Trend’ range from (not core basic products