Administrator Interview Assignment Instructions
One of the best ways to learn about organizational theory and development is to talk with individuals who have led organizations. These individuals can provide insight and a perspective on the routine elements of the corporate culture that can be vital to the student’s development.
You will interview an administrator within a non-profit organization concerning various aspects of corporate culture. This interview will need to be conducted in real-time, meaning, you are not permitted to email the questions to the administrator and receive back an emailed response. The conversational nature of the interview is important to learning about the non-profit’s culture.
A list of questions for the interview is provided below:
1. How would you (and those within the organization) describe the corporate culture of this organization?
2. How do you think those outside of the organization would describe the culture of this organization?
3. What are the visible indicators of this organization’s culture (You may want to explain Schein’s “Three Levels of Culture,” specifically the level of artifacts.)
4. What are the beliefs and values that help to drive the organization’s culture? (You may want to explain Schein’s “Three Levels of Culture,” specifically the level of espoused beliefs and values.)
5. What are the basic underlying assumptions that provide a foundation for the organization’s culture? (You may want to explain Schein’s “Three Levels of Culture,” specifically the level of basic underlying assumptions.)
6. What process is used to ensure new employees understand and embrace the organization’s culture?
7. If the organization utilizes volunteers, what is the process of recruiting and managing volunteers?
8. What is the process for making important decisions across the organization?
You should keep in mind the following as you complete the assignment:
1. The assignment should be formatted according to current APA formatting standards.
2. All academic papers at the doctoral level should include a title page.
3. Please include section headings throughout the assignment.
4. Please include each question as a heading within the paper. (All eight questions must be addressed within your submission.)
5. Reference the grading rubric for more details about the assignment.
6. Students are not permitted to interview individuals in leadership positions in the School of Divinity or Liberty University.
The suggested outline (and corresponding elements to include) for this assignment is the following:
1. Introduction (no more than ½ page)
a. Include a brief overview of the non-profit organization
b. Include a brief overview of the administrator’s role and length of service within the organization
c. Include the date of the interview
2. List of questions with your typed responses
a. You should summarize the answers provided by the administrator. (Do not simply quote the administrator in your explanations.)
b. Each explanation should be 100-150 words per question.
3. Conclusion (no more than ½ page)
Note: Your assignment will be checked for originality via the Turnitin plagiarism tool.