For faster services, inquiry about new assignments submission or follow ups on your assignments please text us/call us on +1 (251) 265-5102
Environmental Design Project Preschool
Students will integrate knowledge and skills gained from the course topics to select materials and design an environment that embraces STEM concepts for preschool children ages 3 – 5 years old.
The goal for this assignment is to integrate knowledge and practice into a culminating presentation that showcases the rich learning materials that can be integrated into an early childhood environment to ensure rich STEM learning experiences.
Create a presentation in Google Slides or Power Point. The presentation should be a minimum of 8-10 slides in length. Add photos to your slides in order to provide a visual representation of the materials that you will add to your environment.
You have been provided with a $500 budget to add STEM materials into an early childhood environment. You will add materials to five interest areas in the classroom and fully equip each area with materials to support children’s growth and development in STEM concepts. Based on a low budget, you will need to incorporate innovative ideas in recycled or repurposed items for each area. Your presentation and selection of materials should include:
- Natural items, loose parts, and real-world materials should be represented
- Supporting special needs and respect for diverse cultures should be represented
- Materials should be open-ended, developmentally appropriate, and safe
- Variety and versatility of materials should be represented
- Materials should promote inquiry, creativity, and curiosity
You should create an environmental design presentation that addresses the following questions about the selected materials:
- What materials did you select?
- What quantity should be incorporated and what is the price point?
- What concepts will children learn and how might the children play with the materials at different developmental levels and abilities?
- Identify the specific STEM concepts that are attributed to this material selection.
- Identify simple to complex ways that children may play with this material selection.
- What are the learning objectives that are linked to this material?
- Use the Desired Results Developmental Profile for this content.
- Identify the Developmental Domain, Measure and Definition, and Developmental Level and Description for each material selection.
- How will children’s progress be assessed with this material selection?
- Describe the type of assessment that can be used to determine children’s growth and progress and why you believe this would be helpful.
Include the following components in your presentation:
Identify Age Group
Select the age group for your design presentation (3 years or 4 years old).
Include the following interest areas in your slides and provide the approximate budget for each item and interest area:
- Block Accessories
- Discovery and Exploration
- Choose two additional interest areas from the list below:
- Art Studio
- Music and Movement
- Sand and Water
- Dramatic Play
- Outdoor Environment
For this area, you will assume that the block area is supplied with an adequate amount of unit blocks. You will select accessories and enhancements to add into your block area. This can include additional block sets, as well as other accessories that will support STEM concepts. Materials in this area should include purchased items and repurposed materials.
For this area, you will assume that there are classroom manipulatives available, but there needs to be additional STEM related materials that encourage hands-on learning. Materials in this area should include purchased items and repurposed materials.
Discovery and Exploration
For this area, you will need to enhance the environment with specific materials that encourage exploration and discovery. Typically, these items relate to basic science materials, such as tweezers and magnifying glasses, but you can expand this to include such things as a light table with accessories. Materials in this area should include purchased items and repurposed materials.
For each additional area in your presentation, you can assume that there are basic materials and the areas need to be enhanced with hands-on, open-ended materials for STEM. Materials in these areas should include purchased items and repurposed materials.
GET ALL YOUR ACADEMIC HELP AT ESSAYLINK.NET