TASK DESCRIPTION – ASSIGNMENT (Individual report 100%)
You are a Marketing Manager for a well-known UK based service organisation. The CEO is keen to upgrade the services being offered by incorporating more technology in the delivery of the service and in the marketing processes. He has tasked you with the responsibility of creating new ideas in relation to the service offering as well as revamping the marketing strategies for the services. You are required to write a report detailing what your plans are and how you intend to implement them appropriately.
Your report should cover the following points:
• Give a brief description of the organisation and the services that are currently on offer.
• Create a comprehensive service strategy and see how this can be upgraded using various types of technologies that are emerging in the industry.
• Examine their marketing mix, focusing on the 7Ps that your chosen organisation is currently applying. Provide recommendations on how the marketing mix can be improved using technological tools and aids.
• Evaluate how these changes can match the needs of the target customers and how it can attract more consumers to use the revamped service offering.
Note: You can choose any existing UK-based company. Do not create a fictitious company.
Title / Cover page (title including the name of the chosen organisation)
Executive Summary / Abstract for not more than 250 words (this will not be part of your word count.
Table of contents (headings, sub-headings with numbering)
Introduction (aim of the report, overview of chosen organisation and the services, present structure of report)
Body (literature, research, discussion, findings)
Conclusion (recommendations based on the findings, summary of key points emerging from the analysis above)
References (aim for a minimum of 10 different sources; balanced mix of academic sources – books and journal articles and non-academic sources such as – websites, media sources, reports, statistics etc.)
Appendix (optional) (eg. PEST/ Marketing Mix etc.)
Format: Word File / PDF
Assessment criteria: see grading criteria.
Note: You must come up with an idea for an original app. Do not copy the idea from an existing application.
FORMATTING AND LAYOUT
Please note the following when completing your written assignment:
1. Writing: Written in English in an appropriate business/academic style
2. Focus: Focus only on the tasks set in the assignment.
3. Document format: Essay
4. Ensure a clear title, course, and name or ID number is on a cover sheet and a bibliography using Harvard referencing throughout is also provided.
5. Research: Research should use reliable and relevant sources of information e.g. academic books and journals that have been peer reviewed. The research should be extensive.
The use of a range of information sources is expected – academic books, peer reviewed journal articles, professional articles, press releases and newspaper articles, reliable statistics, company annual reports and other company information. All referencing should be in Harvard style.
Assessment criteria: see grading criteria
MARKING CRITERIA AND STUDENT FEEDBACK – ASSIGNMENT
This section details the assessment criteria. The extent to which these are demonstrated by you determines your mark. The marks available for each criterion are shown. Lecturers use a similar format to comment on the achievement of the task(s), including those areas in which you have performed well and areas that would benefit from development/improvement.
Common Assessment Criteria Applied Marks available Marks
1. Research-informed Literature
Extent of research and/or own reading, selection of credible sources, application of appropriate referencing conventions.
Providing evidence of the appropriate reading/ references that form the basis of the insights in your report. 20
2. Knowledge and Understanding of Subject
Extent of knowledge and understanding of concepts and underlying principles associated with the discipline.
Demonstrating familiarity with the selected concepts/ models used in your presentation. 20
Analysis, evaluation and synthesis; logic, argument and judgement; analytical reflection; organisation of ideas and evidence
Demonstrating conceptual insights into the potential values of the selected academic concepts/ models. 25
4. Practical Application and Deployment
Deployment of methods, materials, tools and techniques; application of concepts; formulation of innovative and creative solutions to solve problems.
Applying your conceptual insights to successfully address the situations faced by your chosen organisation. Making recommendations for future plans and strategies. 25
5. Skills for Professional Practice
Attributes in professional practice: individual and collaborative working; deployment of appropriate media; presentation and organisation.
Quality of the presentation. Clarity of expression (incl. accuracy, spelling, grammar, punctuation, etc.) 10
Assignment Mark (Assessment marks are subject to ratification at the CCCU Assessment Board. These comments and marks are to give feedback on module work and are for guidance only until they are confirmed. ) %
Learning Outcomes tested
(from module descriptor) Assessment CriteriaTo achieve each outcome a student must demonstrate the ability to:
1 Develop knowledge and understanding of key theories, concepts and models in marketing to guide the development and execution of marketing strategies. • The report task enables the student to demonstrate an understanding of key concepts and theories related to the marketing of goods and services.
2. Understand the complexity of competitive environment and discuss is impact on developing effective marketing decisions and marketing strategies in organizations. • The report enables the student to demonstrate an understanding of the external environment and its impact on the creation of marketing strategies and the related decisions associated with them.
3. Develop the skills to critically analyse marketing situations and problems facing organisations and assess its capacity to adapt to a dynamic and uncertain future. • In the report the student is required to look at the market situation faced by a specific business and provide recommendations to improve its current situation and be more successful.
4. Develop, recommend and justify, appropriate and actionable marketing strategies and tactics to an organisational scenario. • The marketing report provides the student with the opportunity to look at the current marketing strategies and improve on them and justify the suggested changes.