Using a case study developed from a patient care scenario that you participated in during PEP, illustrate areas for personal and professional growth using analysis and reflection and the RN standards for practice and any other relevant frameworks including, Patient Safety Competency Framework for Nursing Students, Code of Professional Conduct and ICN Code of Ethics for nurses. The case study will include elements relevant to the areas of learning focus for this unit; complex multimorbidity polypharmacy, and if possible, care co-ordination at end of life, and include a plan of care.
(relates to ULO 2,5,6,7 and RN standards for practice 1.1, 1.2, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6; 2.6; 3.1, 3.3, 3.4, 3.5; 4.1, 4.2, 4.4; 5.1, 5.4, 5.5; 6.2, 6.5; 7.1, 7.2)
Drawing on an experience from your involvement in the care of a patient during your PEP, you are to create a holistic nursing plan of care that is informed by your understanding of their specific condition and reason for admission/presentation to the health care facility; nursing assessment, clinical data, and treatment plan.
Using a person-centred nursing framework, ensure that the plan of care is appropriate for the person, (including their family, culture, and social environment), with consideration to their current as well as future health needs and requirements. In addition to the plan of care, your submission needs to include a reflection on your learning that came from caring for this patient, illustrating specific areas of personal and professional growth, and future development requirements that will help you meet the RN Standards for Practice and any other relevant safety frameworks that you will operate under as a RN. (eg. Patient Safety Competency Framework for Nursing Students, Code of Professional Conduct and ICN Code of Ethics for nurses). In this reflection, show how you have or will develop yourself in your learning about multimorbidity, understanding quality use of medicines relating to polypharmacy, recognising health deterioration and escalation of care.
Your plan of care should include:
- An introduction to and description of the person (ensuring privacy principles are maintained), including an outline of their health condition and explanation of how this affects the person’s health and wellbeing.
- Discussion of nursing and risk assessments, medications and specific treatments required.
- A plan of care (using the template provided) that outlines priorities of care (problem/issue to be addressed with relevant nursing diagnosis statement) that are relevant to the patient situation; the intended goals; relevant interventions needed, and rationales for interventions.
- A minimum of three priorities of care should be given.
Your reflection should include:
- A summary of what you learned from caring for this patient.
- An outline of your learning and development needs that are required for personal and professional growth, showing how these link to the Standards, frameworks and codes of conduct expected for a Registered Nurse (RN)
- An outline of the strategies you will put in place to achieve these identified learning and development needs.
- A 1000-word limit (+ or – 10% inclusive of intext citations).
- Use Borton’s (1970) Model of reflection to outline your personal and professional growth, and show how you link this growth and development to the RN standards for practice (and any other relevant frameworks including, Patient Safety Competency Framework for Nursing Students, Code of Professional Conduct and ICN Code of Ethics for nurses).
Are you struggling to keep up with the demands of your academic journey? Don’t worry, we’ve got your back! Exam Question Bank is your trusted partner in achieving academic excellence for all kind of technical and non-technical subjects.
Our comprehensive range of academic services is designed to cater to students at every level. Whether you’re a high school student, a college undergraduate, or pursuing advanced studies, we have the expertise and resources to support you.