MGNT 978 Assessment 4 (Reflective Report) Guidelines
The reflection should be based on your personal learning experience of this subject and your own teamwork and professional interpersonal skills, application, and development. It also includes, as per the 5th marking criterion, (see below description and Subject Moodle site), further and continuous development plan for teamwork and professional interpersonal skills and competencies. The following guidelines are prepared to maintain the standard, quality, and consistency of evaluation of you reflection and help you to demonstrate the level of assurance of your learning outcomes- the key being demonstrating the application of subject specific knowledge and reflect on professional interpersonal skills while working with others to produce agreed outputs. Another critically important point to remember in your refection that your teamwork task, team formation, team processes, and team performance have all been supported by all other topics we have discussed in your 10 weeks lecture- programs and workshops discussions.
1. Please read and study the Assessment task 4, marking rubrics and their descriptions, and assessment guidelines stated here and in the subject outlines. (See. Assessment 4 folder).
2. Select topics or key aspect/s of a topic for reflection.
Topic Selection examples:
While working with others to produce agreed outputs, my learning experience of various topics in this subject and teamwork helped me to develop multitudes teamwork and professional interpersonal skills. You may select a main topic or a unique aspect of a topic or one or few most beneficial aspects of a topic etc., for example:
• Global management skills.
• Cultural influence on teamwork.
• Mindful communication (or AIA model).
• Trust building.
• Pyramid model based global leadership skills.
• Cross cultural competence -CQ (Heart, Mind/head, and Body based) skills.
• Ethical and Sustainability principles that support teamwork. • Global assignment skills- Psychological adaptations & acculturations • Any other relevant topic/area….?
(You need to cover a minimum 7 areas to meet assessment standards and maximum 9 if they were beneficial for you) in developing your professional interpersonal skills).
3. Reflect Critically (just not a simple description of a concept or experience or telling a nice story about your teamwork), but demonstrating the following marking criteria in your reflective writing under each topic. • Depth of reflection- Demonstrate awareness of the subject matter and own performance.
• Response to feedback- Demonstrates understanding of personal impact and uses feedback wisely.
• Use of evidence and sources- see below examples and guidelines on this.
• Improvement plan- Proposes a clearly designed and pragmatic improvement and/or learning plan based on documented evidence outlined below.
(Note: the Structure criterion- basically represents the 7 areas/topics you have selected, and
how you organise the paragraph to cover and present the requirements (the purpose,
guidelines and marking criteria)- of each topic).
3. A strong justification of your points, ideas, and examples must be made using the below mentioned
EVIDENCE and SOURCES).
4. Evidence includes,
• Your own examples of learning in Cross Cultural Management subject activities, engaging in teamwork and professional interpersonal activities in particular, combined with, • Conceptual and theoretical subject knowledge gained from.
o your recommended texts o Recommended readings.
o Subject Readings
o Your lectures, topics covered/PP slides, o Learning from tutorials, o 5 case studies, learning from teamwork, o learning from classroom discussion,
o learning from feedback you received from your team members, o Learning from your classmates,
o Learning from your lecturer’s feedback and comments on case study answers and assessment tasks.
o Relevant learning from your own workplace interactions o Learning from any other acceptable sources, persons, teams you have interacted with …..
o (Not the interaction with AI, machines, software or programs).
Sources: (not essentially outputs generated or modified outputs from web-based software, programs,
Chat GPT, or any other AI or artificial learning method or assistant programs ), but
• Your own examples of learning in CCM subject activities with evidence, justification and acknowledgement. • Your recommended texts/topics • Recommended readings.
• Subject Readings.
• Contents of your lectures/topics/PP slides.
• Learning from your teamwork and teammates.
• Learning from your workshops.
• Five case studies and learning experience in class and learning from others’ responses.
• Case scenarios used in lectures and workshops.
• Recommended journal articles in the subject outline.
• Your relevant work/workplace experience with proper acknowledgement, justification, and referencing.
• If you use any NEW/additional journal articles, the maximum number is limited to two (2) for the final reflection.
6. Any source you use and any theory, concept, practice, model, or idea owned or presented by others or generated elsewhere must be appropriately acknowledged, and their actual reference must be indicated clearly at the end of the reflective report by following UOW recommended referencing guide. UOW final examinations rules are also applicable to this final assessment task. Any similarity/plagiarism evidence revealed by the Turnitin or any other means will be dealt according to the established UOW policies, procedures and practices.
7. Structure of the report
1. Cover page
2. Content page
3. A brief Introduction
4. Areas of Reflection (e.g. topics/key areas etc.)
ii. iii. iv.
v vi vii
6. List of References
(The 1000 words limit is relevant only to the point number (4) of the above structure- the areas of reflection
excluding all other sections and pages of the report. Pl. disregard any previously presented brief description
about structures of more generic reports).
The reflection should be based on your personal learning experience of this subject and your own teamwork and professional interpersonal skills, application, and development. It also includes, as per the 5th marking criterion, (see below description and Subject Moodle site), further and continuous development plan fo
MGNT 978 Assessment 4 (Reflective Report) Guidelines