SPREADSHEET IS DONE
1. Using the directions in the Modified Business Plan on page 1 in this module – In your Executive Summary, provide a brief overview of the purpose for the report, your initial financial analysis, and your recommendations to hit a break-even, or positive operating margin for the clinic.
2. Your analysis and thought process will impact on your grade, so be specific in your approach. For example, except for fixed-costs, you might recommend changes to any 1 or more of the variables impacting your revenue or expenses. Including; days of operation, patient’s seen/day, average charge/patient, and/or payroll costs. Feel free to be creative in this regard. Be sure to document your choice(s) by quantifying how your proposed change(s) would improve the clinic’s financial performance. In other words, if you propose reducing salaries to improve the bottom line, explain that choice by describing how much the salaries would need to be reduced and the effect that would have on the P & L of the clinic.
Also, remember that your providers (doctors and PA’s) are under contract, so if you make changes to those agreements, it would require a renegotiation of all terms and conditions. Because the nurses are non-exempt (hourly waged), you must adjust their salaries if you going to make any recommendations that may affect their work hours/days.
Market and Demographic Analysis:
How will local competition play a role (Demographic Analysis)
How will population changes play a role (Demographic Analysis)
If you elect to proceed with the move, do you think the new location will have any impact on the financial projection? (Demographic & Competitor Analysis)
Any other recommendations you might want to consider
Assignment Layout & Formatting Details:
Table of Contents
Brief Demographic Analysis
Financial Analysis with associated spreadsheets including proper labels and formulas
Summary & Recommendations
You are an intern at Nittany Lion Health System (NLHS). Your preceptor, Michelle Smith, has noted that you have excellent analytical/critical thinking and Excel skills listed on your resume. To fully take advantage of your experience and ability, she has asked you to prepare a statement of projected revenues and expenses about a proposed project currently under consideration.
After you have completed your analysis, she asked you to develop a brief APA formatted modified business plan to include the following information:
1. A brief 1-page executive summary providing an overview of the purpose for the report, your initial financial analysis, and your recommendations to hit a break-even, or positive operating margin for the clinic.
2. A brief demographic overview of the service area
3. A brief evaluation of the local competition, (use Centre County Demographics, https://datausa.io/profile/geo/centre-county-pa) or you could go to https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/fact/table/centrecountypennsylvania/PST045216), and how will the new location fit into that environment.
4. A brief narrative reflecting your financial analysis and referring it to 2 financial spreadsheets. The first one illustrating your initial analysis and the second illustrating your recommendations for improvement
5. A brief summary of your overall analysis, and final recommendations
The post SPREADSHEET IS DONE
1. Using the directions in the Modified Business Plan on pag appeared first on Skilled Papers.