Chapter 20 deals with the issue of social change. Sociologists tell us that social change is created by a) new technologies and or b) new or shifting ideas or beliefs. Maybe it’s both, but we have to understand it is generally one or the other that leads the way. For example – from the 1940’s until the 1990’s China did not accept the idea that Capitalism was or could be a useful way to organize their economy. In the 1990’s, China got rid of its Soviet-style, state run, planned economy. In less than 3 decades, the nation was transformed from a impoverished third-world nation to the number 2 economy in the world. It was an idea that made this happen, not a particular technology.
So here we are in 2021, we are always on the threshold of change in America. What big ideas or big technological changes do you see in the years ahead? Is change something we manage well? What happens when we resist change?
- Examine the physical changes associated with the selected developmental stage.
- Social Change
- Write a paper in APA Style that discusses each of the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) Essentials and describe how you met each essential.
- Holiday Festival
- Leadership and Authority
- Thoughts of Social Stratification
- Evaluate the unique scholarly perspectives found in your research and interpret the implications of technology on human development.
- Based on the professional standards, is the creation of such policies ethical?
- The Amish as both a Religious and Ethnic Minority
- Read the article Funeral Rites Across Different Cultures and write a 1 page paper that summaries and reacts to the information. Did you know that colors, foods, rituals vary so much between cultures and religions?