Scenario for Assignments
Please note, the assignments in this course build upon one another.
For these assignments, you will take on the role of a consultant for a government agency. Your consulting firm has been asked by the agency to conduct research, compile a report, and provide recommendations for improvement of their personnel management system. The first role of the consultant is to become familiar with the agency and its departments. You will develop the assignment in four parts, submitting each to your supervisor (your professor) who will review and grade your efforts.
Week 3: Rationale and Analysis for Agency Selected.
• Week 5: Evaluation of Agency’s Public Personnel Administration.
• Week 7: Agency’s Law and Ethics of Hiring a Diverse Workforce.
• Week 10: Analysis of the Agency’s Policies, Procedures, and Plans – Unions, Privatization, Pensions, and
In this assignment, you will continue to research the agency you selected for the Week 3 assignment.
Write a 4-6 page paper, titled “Analysis of the Agency’s Policies, Procedures, and Plans Regarding Unions, Privatization, Pensions, and
Productivity,” in which you:
- Determine whether your selected agency should have union representation. Defend your position with at least two reasons (title this section “The Agency and Unions”).
- Determine whether your selected agency should privatize its services. Defend your position with at least two reasons (title this section “The Agency and Privatization”).
- Analyze at least two of the agency’s policies, procedures, and/or plans regarding pensions (title this section “Employee Pension Plans”).
- Recommend at least three actions the agency could take to improve in the areas of productivity and performance evaluation (title this section “Recommendations for Improving Productivity and Performance Evaluation”).
- Appropriately incorporate at least four quality sources. A quality source can be either popular, such as a news article, or scholarly, such as peer-reviewed works. In the case of public administration, government websites are appropriate quality resources. Note: Wikipedia,