The topic of great or not so great leaders is the stuff that floods newspapers, best selling book lists, the History Channel, social media, college courses… we talk about it alot. According to the text, authority or leadership comes down to this:
1) Authority refers to power that people accept as legitimate rather than coercive.
2) Traditional authority is power that is legitimized on the basis of long-standing custom.
3) Charismatic authority is power legitimized on the basis of a leaders exceptional personal qualities or the demonstration of extraordinary insight and accomplishment that inspire loyalty and obedience from followers.
4) Rationallegal authority is power legitimized by law or written rules and regulations.
Discuss a leader that you admire and what has made that person effective within this context.
- Examine the physical changes associated with the selected developmental stage.
- Social Change
- Write a paper in APA Style that discusses each of the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) Essentials and describe how you met each essential.
- Holiday Festival
- Leadership and Authority
- Thoughts of Social Stratification
- Evaluate the unique scholarly perspectives found in your research and interpret the implications of technology on human development.
- Based on the professional standards, is the creation of such policies ethical?
- The Amish as both a Religious and Ethnic Minority
- Read the article Funeral Rites Across Different Cultures and write a 1 page paper that summaries and reacts to the information. Did you know that colors, foods, rituals vary so much between cultures and religions?