Module Name: IT Essentials
Written assignment, 2000 words
The assignment should be submitted as a single Word document, 2000 words in total, including all the 3 parts and the cover page. Make sure to proofread your work before submission to avoid any spelling or grammar mistakes. Make sure appropriate referencing is done while accessing online resources, including eBooks, images, and credible sources of secondary data for all the parts
You should write 700-800 words describing the use and impact of information system and Cloud Computing for the company of your choice, which can be selected from the given list. Ensure the task’s requirements are met and explained well, considering the logical order and interconnections. Format your text following the guidelines below. This part can be written in text format. However, you can include your findings in the format of charts, graphs, etc. (Mark 30%)
You should create an informative poster, equivalent to 500-600 words, about IT security for the audience at GBS, including possible future students, current students, teachers, and management staff. You can use MS Word to create the poster. The poster needs to be added underneath Part 1 on the same file.
When designing the poster, consider what information you can best express visually and what needs a text explanation. Figures, tables, and photographs are all appropriate for a poster. Text may be included in short paragraphs or in bulleted lists, where appropriate. Use headings to create structure and support your ability to draw your audience to specific points on your poster.
Guidelines for creating your poster:
- Aim for a maximum of 500-600 words of text (including titles for figures etc.)
- Write short, bulleted phrases, rather than groups of paragraphs.
- Use Arial font style and appropriate font sizes:
- Main title – 72 point
- Subtitles – 60 point
- Supporting materials – 32 point
- Minimum – 18 point
- Clearly label all visuals
- Use colour sparingly to unify your poster.
You must demonstrate evidence of wider research and reading of core textbooks and academic scholarly work through referencing. Your assignment should be submitted as a poster following by references on a the same word document. (Mark 30%)
You should write 500-600 words report describing your findings of the given sample data in written text and visual demonstration, including relevant graphs and charts that can be copy and paste from your Excel file. Make sure the requirements of the task are explained well, considering the logical order and interconnections. You can access the Week 4 teaching material uploaded on Moodle to have a better understanding of the report format. Follow the given guidelines below to format your report. (Mark 40%)
Part 1- Case Study (Cloud Computing)
Many well-known fast-growing businesses have a significant investment in improving their ability to be more successful by using information technology linked to cloud computing. Choose a company from the list below and discuss how it works collaboratively using IT. Note any changes, achievements, challenges, and outcomes.
- British Airways
- Global Banking School (GBS)
It is required to include the followings:
- A brief introduction to the organisation.
- Explanation of technology and cloud computing used within the organisation.
- Impacts of the use of cloud computing:
- Within the organisation;
- Between the organisation and other stakeholders, including customers and other businesses; and
- Impacts on the environment (such as pollution, wider use of resources etc.).
Part 2 – Word Processing
Design an informative poster on MS Word or PowerPoint. Your poster should fit on a single-side of an A4-size paper. You can include information about GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) or risks for users and the best set of practices to protect their data and privacy.
It is required to include the followings:
- Make your titles stand out.
- Use different font sizes for the titles and text.
- Change your page colour.
- Insert some relevant pictures.
- You can underline, bold, or highlight the words if necessary.
- Ensure all references are listed underneath the poster on the same MS Word file.
Part 3 – Data presentation
A set of sample data is given below. Use Excel to record data and use relevant charts and graphs to Analyse and compare your data in various aspects. Explain your findings in detail.
|Order Date||Region||Item||Units||Unit Cost||Total|
- Save your data in an Excel sheet.
- Formulate to find the total for each item to fill in column “Total”.
- Use Auto Sum to find the Grand Total Sales of all regions together.
- Use a bar chart to compare the sales in different regions.
- Use a pie chart to find the percentage of each item’s value in total sales. (Find the total value of each item first.)
- Use the appropriate graph to compare the number of units of items sold in each region.
- Explain your findings in detail next to each bar/graph in a format of a report.
- Include a screenshot of your Excel sheet that clearly shows the formula you create to find the total at the end of your report separately. (You can click on one of the cells underneath the “Total” and this will help the formula to appear on formula bar and then take the screenshot.
- This report for part 3, needs to be on the same MS file following part 1 and 2.
“You can order IT Essentials Written assignment, 2000 words from our service and can get a completely high-quality custom paper. Our service offers any of the IT Essentials Academic paper written from scratch, according to all customers’ requirements, expectations and highest standards.”
The post IT Essentials – Cloud Computing assignment, 2000 words appeared first on .