Several tools are available to managers to assist them in evaluating organizational performance, one of them being variance analysis. Variance analysis compares actual costs and quantities with standard costs and quantities. The results from a variance analysis are important for helping managers control costs (price variances) and identify areas where organizational performance and efficiency can be improved (quantity variances). In this Discussion, you will use an example from your professional career to consider the role of variance analysis in the decision-making processes for an organization.
To prepare for this Discussion:
Consider the role of variance analysis in decision making and how understanding variances, both favorable and unfavorable, might help contribute to improved organizational efficiency.
Identify an example from your professional career in which both highly favorable and unfavorable variances occurred.
Post an explanation of the role of variance analysis in managerial decision making, to include the following:
1. Describe an example from your professional career in which both highly favorable and unfavorable variances occurred.
2. Identify what stakeholders were most affected by these variances.
3. Explain how understanding these variances could have helped you as a manager in this situation to make better decisions.
- Discuss the exclusionary rule, its development, purposes, social costs, scope and applicability, standing requirements, exceptions, and notable SCOTUS cases interpreting it.
- Explain how each speakers perspective of innocence or experience effects his (as all the speakers are male) view of the world, especially concerning what he views as right or wrong or as positive or negative.
- Identify an example from your professional career in which both highly favorable and unfavorable variances occurred.
- Do you agree with Cohen regarding gang members and short run hedonism?
- Do you think that the learning of criminal behavior is more likely to come from human interaction with deviants or though media influences?
- Discuss how we are living with COVID-19 and rising social/justice movements.
- Compare and contrast the quality of the presentations produced by management with those produced by front line workers?
- Write an annotated Bibliography Lit Review.
- What are the ingredients of the food in fast-food restaurants and how does it affect the human body mentally, physically, and emotionally?
- Do you think a geek squad could work in highly socially sensitive areas like policing or protective services for families and children?