Aim of the assessment
The purpose of this assessment is to enable students to meet the following subject learning outcomes.
- Describe strategies that promote a shared decision-making process in collaboration with carers, families, and people with common chronic conditions or disability.
- Develop evidence-based rationales for safe, person-centred care of people with chronic conditions or persons with a disability.
Using the marking criteria and supporting academic references address the following.
- Discuss the challenges that Ryan and his mother Rebecca experienced whilst seeking hospital care. Relate their experience to literature about health inequities for people with intellectual disability.
- Describe strategies for health professionals that promote shared decision making in collaboration with carers, families, and individuals. Relate these strategies to Ryan and Rebecca.
- Discuss the key elements of person-centred care and outline the benefits for people with chronic conditions or persons with a disability. Support your discussion with evidenced based research literature. Relate this information to Ryan and Rebecca.