There are an increasing number of useful and innovative technologies being used in health care settings that have an important role in linking and organizing care and information, such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, and cognitive computing systems just to name a few. The purpose of this assignment is to create a presentation for administrators and nurses providing direct patient care to propose a technology that can help improve patient outcomes for an identified clinical problem.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- Use the resources on the “GCU Library Introduction to the GCU Library: Topics and Assignments Research Guide,” located in the topic Resources, to complete this assignment.
- This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- Use primary sources published within the last 5 years.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- You are not required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.
- Learners will submit this assignment using the assignment dropbox in the learning management system. In addition, learners must upload this deliverable to the Learner Dissertation Page (LDP) in the DNP PI Workspace for later use.
Create a PowerPoint presentation to propose a technology that can address a clinical problem and improve patient outcomes. Your slide presentation must contain a title slide, 12-15 slides of content, and a References slide. Use evidence to support your claims. Speaker’s notes must be included for each individual slide (add a speaker notes section to demonstrate the verbal speech you would give along with each slide).
Your presentation must include the following elements:
- Identify and provide a brief description of a clinical problem that could be solved using artificial intelligence, machine learning, or cognitive computing systems.
- Propose a technology that can be used to address the identified clinical problem and improve patient outcomes.
- Provide a general overview of how the technology works in the health care setting. Explain how the technology improves patient outcomes for the clinical problem.
- Address potential strengths and limitations of the technology.
- Identify at least two unintended consequences of using the technology and propose a plan to avoid these consequences.
Refer to the resource, “Creating Effective PowerPoint Presentations,” located in the Student Success Center, for additional guidance on completing this assignment in the appropriate style.
Text slides are not meant to be read by the speaker, but by the audience. Lettering should generally be limited to four lines and should never be more than seven, including the title.
- It is advisable not to use more than eight words per line.
- Avoid too much detail and resist the temptation to overload the presentation with information.
- Avoid jargon and abbreviations, unless they are clear to everyone in the audience.
- Aim at the average person in the audience.
- Use plain English.