Compose a rhetorical analysis of the image you selected. Remember, your essay should argue for a particular interpretation of the image.
Consider the following elements of your image:
· The rhetorical situation of the image, including the author, audience, purpose, context, tone, genre, design, constraints, and exigence
· The rhetorical strategies, or how the image is composed to produce a specific effect (use of color, layout, contrast, etc.)
· The rhetorical appeals (ethos/pathos/logos), or ways the image seeks to engage its audience
Compose a thesis that argues your interpretation (i.e. a particular way of viewing the image) based on the choices made in its construction. See the Introduction to Visual Analysis page and PowerPoint posted in the current module.
Support your thesis by describing and analyzing various elements of your image (see #2 above) that support your overall argument about the image.
Explain how your analysis of the image relates back to the article from which the image originated. Does the article reinforce your view, challenge, or contradict it? (There’s no right or wrong answer here; just your ability to evaluate). You’ll need to quote and/or paraphrase from the article in cite it in your essay.
Conclude by reinforcing the key points and highlighting why the conversation is important in contemporary society.
· A thesis that argues for a specific interpretation of the image you selected
· Several detailed supporting examples from the image that explain the rhetorical appeals at work
· An explanation of how or if your interpretation of the image fits its companion article’s use or interpretation. This will require quoting and/or paraphrasing from the article to substantiate your claim.
· The only sources used in this essay should be your approved image and the article from which it originated.
· A coherent organizational structure that supports your thesis (with introduction and conclusion)
· A strong sense of audience
The post Compose a rhetorical analysis of the image you selected. Remember, your essay sh appeared first on Skilled Papers.