For faster services, inquiry about new assignments submission or follow ups on your assignments please text us/call us on +1 (251) 265-5102
Brief task description
The assessment task requires students to produce a Voiceover Power point presentation that identifies two (2) relevant ethical principles relating to the Fact Sheet and case study provided linking to the NUR3020 course content. Students are required to respond to the questions posed about the case study in the power point presentation and provide an voiceover audio. A script that includes the discussion and core assignment requirements must be provided.
The Fact Sheet outlines the process of consumer choice for residents and the issues and concerns with undertaking risk behaviours. The Fact Sheet is clear about choice but also clear about the registered nurse’s duty of care to residents at mealtimes. The example of Vince is provided: Vince has been eating softer texture food for a few months, which started when he was in hospital. He is losing weight and rarely eats a whole meal.
A dietitian review identifies that Vince who is not happy at all with his current food and gets no pleasure from meals. He is not eating enough to maintain his nutrition or his weight. A speech pathologist reviews Vince’s swallowing and discusses the risks and hazards of food aspiration, and choking should he eat regular meals. The speech pathologist also discusses his options. Vince decides he would like to try going back to regular food and is aware that this has some risks. He wants to ‘give it a go’. Vince goes back to eating a few specific preferred meals in the dining room. He eats more, gains weight and is much happier with his quality of life. He coughs sometimes while eating but so far does not find this too uncomfortable and is being monitored closely for any impacts on his health by his GP.
1. Outline the two ethical principles raised in the case study and Fact Sheet for the registered nurse in upholding their duty of care surrounding informed choice and eating and/or drinking when there is potential adverse risk?
2. Provide a synopsis of these ethical principles and their worthiness considering resident choice and Vince’s story.
3. Discuss why informed choice is important for seniors living in residential care? What are the challenges of informed choice for the registered nurse in providing appropriate cares safely?
4. Provide a rationale to justify your discussion. This section must be supported by peer reviewed contemporary literature.
5. Discuss strategies to address the ethical issues raised in the case study to work through the situation. This section must be supported by the literature and must share supportive nursing actions that could be implemented?
GET ALL YOUR ACADEMIC HELP AT ESSAYLINK.NET