Assignment 6: Incorporating Rhetorical Strategies
In Week 5, you completed the research necessary to write the problem and solution paragraphs for the essay.
This week you will write the conclusion for the essay.
– Start the conclusion with a simple sentence summary (SSS), or telegraphic sentence. A telegraphic sentence is one of 5 words or less. Short sentences carry a sense of absolutism that you want to demonstrate. For example: Training is a must.
– After the SSS, write 2 sentences describing the positive effects of overcoming this problem.
– After these 2 sentences, write 2 sentences about the positive effects of your solution.
– Once complete, remind the reader what the purpose or your paper is. In other words, restate the thesis statement from the introduction paragraph, but not word-for-word.
– The last sentence of a conclusion is called the wrap. The purpose of the wrap is to wrap up the hook from the introduction. Remember the anecdote you began your essay with? Revisit that anecdote, or finish the story you started. However, this time, create a positive tone to match the positive mood of the essay. It makes sense: you start the problem part of the essay with a negative tone to show the need for your solution. Once your present the solution, you finish the essay with a positive tone to show the positive effects of solving the problem.
Upload the conclusion paragraph to the folder for Week 6 Assignment credit.
Then send me an email with the entire essay attached as a Word document.
The post Assignment 6: Incorporating Rhetorical Strategies
In Week 5, you completed the r appeared first on blitzarchive.com.