In this assignment, you are (individually) tasked to consider an existing pedal
bin mechanism is shown in Figure 1 to apply the tools used in the detailed
design stage as explained in the next section.
2. Aims / Objectives
The aim of this assignment is to familiarize ourselves with typical procedures used in engineering design. The objectives of this assignment are:
- to understand the concept of “Design for Manufacturability” and apply a
typical procedure to estimate a manufacturing cost of an assembly;
- to understand the concept of “Design for Assembly” and apply a typical
procedure to estimate the cost of manual assembly;
- to understand the concept of “Failure Mode and Effect Analysis” and be
able to identify possible failure modes, their significance, their effect
and devise ways to reduce that effect;
- to use the industry-standard CAD software CATIA to prepare a
technical drawing for TWO components (your choice) of the assembly
you are studying, to BS8888 standard;
- to enhance communication skills through report writing.
This document is for Coventry University students for their own use in completing their assessed work for this module and should not be passed to third parties or posted on any website. Any infringements of this rule should be reported to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Buy Answer of This Assessment & Raise Your GradesRequest to Buy Answer
The post 5036MAA The aim of this assignment is to familiarize ourselves with typical procedures used in engineering design: Design & Sustainability Course Work, CU, UK appeared first on Students Assignment Help UK.