Clean Quarter Ltd is a small start-up business that will open to the public in two months’ time. Friends Jaspreet and Caroline felt there was a gap in the market for a retailer to sell plastic-free food products, many of which are also organic. In addition, a range of cleaning and cosmetic products will be sold. Customers will be able to bring their own containers to the store, which can be filled with products of their choice. An online delivery service will also be available. To reduce carbon emissions, products will be sourced locally where possible. Jaspreet and Caroline are confident their business plan will work and have an excellent understanding of their market and products but are less confident about the people side of the operation. They are aware you are studying the CIPD Foundation Certificate in People Practice and have asked for your help. As you are their friend and would like to develop your practice, you agree to help and provide advice in a number of ways.
Are You Looking for Answer of This Assignment or Essay
Task one – written advice (recruitment and selection)
- You feel you can contribute and offer advice in relation to different stages of the employee lifecycle. You decide to explain the stages of the employee lifecycle and how a people practitioner could contribute to each stage. (AC1.1)
As Clean Quarter Ltd does not yet have any employees, you decide first to advise Jaspreet and Caroline on how to recruit and select their new employees. You have ascertained that, initially, they will employ three sales assistants.
- Explain the purpose and key content of a job description and person specification. Explain how job analysis can be used to decide on the content of these documents. (AC 1.2)
- Explain two different recruitment methods that Jaspreet and Caroline could use for the sales assistant vacancies and why the two methods are appropriate for the role. (AC 1.3)
- Explain factors to consider when deciding on the content of copy used in the recruitment methods you have explained above. You could consider factors such as budget, balance between providing an accurate and positive image, space available, corporate image. (AC 1.4)
- Explain two different selection methods that Jaspreet and Caroline could use for the sale assistant vacancies and why the two methods are appropriate for the role. (AC 2.1)
- Explain what selection records Clean Quarter Ltd should retain and why they should retain these records. (AC 2.4)
You decide it would be useful for Jaspreet and Caroline to have template letters of appointment and non-appointment for the sales assistant roles.
- Write letters of appointment and non-appointment for the sales assistant role. (AC 2.5) There is no requirement to include evidence of the use of references to wider reading to achieve a high pass for AC2.5.
Task two – simulated interview
To support Jaspreet and Caroline, and develop your own knowledge and skills, you:
- Devise selection criteria for the post of Sales Assistant using the job description already written (Appendix A). Use the selection shortlisting matrix (Appendix B) to shortlist applications against the selection criteria to determine candidates to be interviewed. Your assessor will provide you with completed, sample application forms. (AC 2.2) There is no requirement to include evidence of the use of references to wider reading to achieve a high pass for AC2.2.
- Interview one applicant and decide whether they meet the criteria for the post. The interview could be a panel or one-to-one interview (as determined by your centre). The interview could be conducted face-to-face or by web conferencing. (AC 2.3) There is no requirement to include evidence of the use of references to wider reading to achieve a high pass for AC2.3.
[If working as a panel, it is essential that each member of the team actively takes part in devising the criteria, shortlisting, interviewing and decision-making.
A copy of CIPD STARR Model Interview Questions (Appendix C) has been included, that can be used when developing interview questions.]
Do You Need Assignment of This Question
Task three – guidance document (legislation and employment relations)
As well as taking a responsible stance in relation to the environment, Jaspreet and Caroline are keen to be good employers. They ask you to give them some advice on how legislation and organisational practices affect employment relations and you decide to write a guidance document.
The guidance document must include:
- An explanation of the importance of achieving work-life balance within the employment relationship with an overview of the legislation relevant to work-life balance. (AC 3.1)
- An explanation of what is meant by, and the importance of, wellbeing in the workplace. (AC 3.2)
- A summary of the main points of discrimination legislation. (AC 3.3)
- An explanation of what diversity and inclusion mean and why they are important. (AC 3.4)
- An explanation of the difference between fair and unfair dismissal. (AC 3.5)
Task four – briefing paper (performance management and reward)
In preparation for becoming the employer of three sales assistants, prepare a briefing paper to provide Jaspreet and Caroline with essential knowledge and understanding of performance management and reward. You need to ensure that your explanation includes:
- the purpose and components of performance management. (AC 4.1)
- the main factors that need to be considered when managing performance. (AC 4.2)
- different methods of performance review. (AC 4.3)
- key components (financial and non-financial) that are required to achieve an effective total reward system. (AC 5.1)
- the relationship between reward and performance, and the links to motivation. (AC 5.2)
- at least two reasons for treating employees fairly in relation to pay. (AC 5.3)
Task five – fact sheet (learning and development)
Jaspreet and Caroline envisage providing an induction and ongoing learning and development activities to their employees. They feel they would benefit from developing their knowledge of learning and development. You decide to prepare a factsheet for them.
Your factsheet should:
- Explain why learning and development activities are of benefit to the sales assistants and Clean Quarter Ltd. (AC 6.1)
- Describe different types of learning needs and reasons why they arise for the sales assistants and Clean Quarter Ltd. (AC 6.2)
- Summarise different face-to-face and blended learning and development approaches, including facilitation; training; coaching; and mentoring. (AC 6.3)
- Explain how, in the design and delivery of learning and development initiatives, individual requirements and preferences must be accommodated. (AC 6.4)
- Discuss at least two methods of evaluating learning and development and its impact. (AC 6.5)
Buy Answer of This Assessment & Raise Your Grades
The post 3CO04 Clean Quarter Ltd is a small start-up business that will open to the public in two months’ time: Essentials of people practice Assignment, CIPD, UK appeared first on Students Assignment Help UK.